Thursday, February 10, 2011

R.I.P Blueberry

On Monday night at approx. 5:45 pm something very tragic occurred.
My van died.
It was a blue, '93 Plymouth Voyager, given to us by some friends, and it was given to them when the bought a business, and overall its been used by I don't know how many people. It had over two thousand miles on it. It was almost as old as me. It made all kinds of crazy clicking and clacking and grinding and overall not-in-working-order noises. It had so many scratches on it that when I scraped the side against  shopping cart holder it took my a couple minutes just to figure out where the damage had been done. It was formerly known as the Ghetto Rider, but when it passed to me it was renamed as the Blueberry. (I don't know how many of you watch Psych, but my brother and my "sister" and I are HUGE fans, so the name just made sense.) But in spite of all of these problems, it was my first car!!! And I think I was growing a sentimental attachment to it. We sold it the next day for 300 dollars and considered that pretty good, but I have to say I wanted more for it. But I think that's because I really just wanted it to work again. Everyone is telling me how silly I am for being sad at all. The heater barely worked. It ran terribly. It was in danger of exploding at any minute. But in the short time I had it, I enjoyed a lot of good times in that van, and made many good, crazy, scary memories. Like the time a goose attacked my friend Harmony and I. Or the time we rolled down the windows in the freezing cold at eleven o clock at night and sang Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at the top our lungs. (Jr. High add-ins included, of course) Or the first time my sister and I got to drive somewhere on our own, and we thought it was sooooooo cool. Till we had to drive down Colfax and saw all sorts of scary people. Getting honked at, saying hello to random people as we drove by, playing Mexican music way too loud. All the stupid (But not unsafe mom!) stuff we did..... it was all in that junky blue van.
It looked something like this....
Just maybe with a few more scratches.
Here is a picture of the car it was named after....

Maybe a leetle nicer looking than mine, but still blue and containing crazy people driving around doing crazy things. I am hoping to get a new vehicle by this weekend so I can go places without bumming rides off of people. In case you are interested, here is the car I'm voting for....

Cute, right? I can definitely see myself making new memories in this one =) unfortunately, this is what my mom is vying for....

Not nearly as cute right? And gold cars? yuck. However, I will, of course, be grateful for anything that drives well and gets me where I'm going. (Just especially so if it is yellow.)
And just for kicks, here is the mother of all vehicles, my absolute dream car, the first thing that I would buy if I came into a large amount of money. So if anyone wants to give me one of these, please, be my guest, you'll be my hero forever!


And so, while there are lots of lovely things to drive out there and I'm sure I'll have many in my lifetime, all with different stories and memories, it's like they say, you never forget your first car. (In this particular instance, car and love are interchangeable.) So, Rest In Peace dear Blueberry, you served me well.
Till Next Time....

The Princess

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that while crazy you are always safe! By the way, lobbying for sympathy to get the car you want is not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is way cool! haha you have to admit, the yellow one is sooooo much cuter =)

    ReplyDelete