Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wednesday's Walk

So, I was doing some blog hopping, and I found this blog, The Goodwin Family. And I like it. A lot! She does a post every Wednesday about taking a walk down memory lane. Isn't that neat? So read my post and then go to her blog and check it out!


I have kind of a lot of cousins, {14 to be exact.} Ok, that's not as many as a lot of people. But what makes us kind of interesting is how close we all are! Out of my fourteen cousins, 12 go to the same church as my family. I've grown up with my cousins, and some of them are more like siblings. Like my cousin Luke. He's 17 now {I can't believe it!} and one dashing young man if I do say so myself! We were best buds when we were little, and he's still one of my very bestest friends. He's super creative and HILARIOUS! That kid knows how to make me laugh! Not to mention he's one of the most tenderhearted guys I know.
Or my cousin Phil. He's nine months older than me [which makes him 19 now, just so ya know] and he's...... amazing. I know I can always talk to him about whatever's on my mind, he's a great listener. He always know when I need him to agree, or to give advice, or to just be quiet and hear what I have to say! He's also a greeeeaaaaat coach/teacher. He's the reason I was a Bible quizzer, AND he taught me how to shoot a basketball! (which may not seem like a good example of his abilities, unless you had seen me before!)
Here's a pic of us: Not the best, but the first one I saw that had all three of us in it =)


I'm close to lots of other cousins too, like Micah the oldest, who always took care of me even when I annoyed him. Or Sam and Dani, my little girl cousins who are my sometimes annoying but always awesome "little sisters." Or even my new little ali-bug!!! (She has her own post, Welcome Baby Ali!) But the reason I am focusing on Luke and Phil is because we were crazy children, so we have some interesting memories =)
Like the bejillions of times that Luke and I played Star Wars with my little cousin Ian. Their bunk bed was the Millenium Falcon, of course. I was Princess Leia, Ian was Chewbacca, and Luke was Luke Skywalker of course! [Sometimes he got frustrated that he couldn't be someone else, but come on, his name was Luke!!!] Sometimes Phil could be convinced to play too, but only if he could be Darth Vader. Luke and I were always playing some make-believe game or another. We had some serious imaginations! One of our favorite games was "orphan children running from Nazi's" and we majorly got into it! One time a "friend" of ours died and we actually cried, we were so sad and scared! My memories with Phil are a little different, lots of them involve trouble ;) One time we were being bad and we wouldn't stop, so my Uncle Troy had to punish us. (Actually, I'm pretty sure it was more than just once.) I wasn't ever that worried though, Phil always got it worse! ;) unless we were at my house =/  A lot of my good memories with Phil are actually more recent. Like class activities, hanging out and having movie nights, and our Senior Trip to London. Or even just the other night when he drove me home, and we ended up sitting in the car talking until 2:00 am. I am so thankful for all of my awesome cousins, I am truly blessed!

Till Next Time,

The Princess

3 comments:

  1. I admit that sometimes I envy you. Your family seems so happy and together all the time, even though there's so many of you! I have eight cousins, and I really don't know any of them that well. =( Cousins sound like so much fun! Oh, well. God has blessed me with the family that I do have, and I'm sure I'll be getting to know four of my cousins better this summer. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what a fun post! Thanks for joining in with Wednesday's Walk! It is nice to meet you and learn more about your wonderful family! Your blog is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily- Enjoy the time with your cousins, you'll love it!!! But don't be *too* jealous, there are some downsides even to the most upside things =)

    Jenilee- Thank you for reading! I really love your blog and I think the Wednesday Walk idea is so sweet! I can't wait to participate in future Walks =)

    ReplyDelete