Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Two Cents Worth

Well, this post won't be terribly wrong, or terribly original either. This is what everyone is talking about right now, and others have waaaay more wisdom than I do on this matter! But I haven't done a politics post in a while and this has been on my mind, so I thought I'd put in my two cents worth.

What am I feeling over the death of Osama Bin Laden?

If I said I was feeling only righteous sadness over the loss of his soul, I'd be lying.
If I said that I was only rejoicing in complete celebration over his death at the hands of our soldiers, I'd still be lying.

The truth is, I'm torn.
See, I have dual citizenship. I'm a citizen of the United States of America (The greatest country on earth!) and I'm proud to be so. But I'm also a citizen of Heaven, and have been since the day I was born again. So, the American in me wants to jump up and down saying "yes yes Yes Yes YES!!!" But the Christian in me.... is glad that God's justice has prevailed, but also sad that a soul was just condemned to Hell for all eternity.
I can't deny the sense of satisfaction at the justice of his death, who killed so many of my countrymen. But neither can I think of where he is now without a twinge of regret at the waste of a life, and without wishing that at some point in his life he had turned to the Savior. This leads to something else I've been thinking a lot about, something my cousin Luke brought up yesterday-

Do I feel that same regret over every person that dies without Christ?

This is such a high profile case that it's easy for everyone to pass judgement and have an opinion, we are all thinking about it. But am I daily grieved because people are lost and dying without a Savior? Witnessing isn't just something to do when you get around to it. I need to feel a sense of urgency! People are dying every day, and they need to hear!!! So, while it is too late for Bin Laden, the best thing that I can do is go out there and tell everyone I can, before it's too late.

1 comment:

  1. Bay, that is a great perspective! Thanks for sharing your heat so beautifully. I want that same urgency for souls! Praying for you, Mom :)

    ReplyDelete