Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Shocking Revelation....

I'm officially a card carrying nerd. There's no way around it anymore.
Sure, I always loved books and reading, writing stories, history, doing school, and cheesy BBC miniseries based on British Classics. But still, I had plausible deniability for most of my life so far.
Until I turned 18.
And became an Insta-Nerd.
I now have braces.
Braces! The metal-mouth bracket kind. With colored rubber bands. Granted, they will only be on for about another month. But still! Can you even imagine the trauma resulting from all pictures taken during this time?
And as if that wasn't enough...
I now also have glasses.
Oh yes, prescription, help your vision, eye glasses. Granted, they are super cute. I found them at Target and I kind of really love them.

See why? They are pink, but not a nasty bright neon kind of pink. they have scalloped, polka dot arms. And best of all, they have just the teensiest bit of cat eye going on. Enough to be fabulously vintage, not so much that they are ridiculously unflattering. All in all, they're a preeetty great find. But it's the principle of the thing! Today as I walked into work in my belted cardigan and flashed a smile with my braces on as I looked at the world through my slightly askew glasses (a la scattered librarian) and lugged my huge purse containing not one but two books.... It hit me. There'll be no more denying it.
I am a nerd.
Fortunately, I think I can live quite contentedly with that.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I guess I'm a nerd too. I have the glasses (I love yours, by the way!), and I will be getting braces sometime in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete