Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blog Party!

blogger

Aren't blog parties fun? Well, there is a lovely on going on over at this blog that you really should take a look at. Here are the questions for this week, along with my answers!
What is your favorite way to outwardly display your femininity?
One of my favorite ways to make an outfit look extra girly is to add a flower somewhere. I have several cloth flowers that can be used both as a clip and a pin. I usually stick one in my hair before running out the door, they look good with almost any hair style and are super chic!
What's your favorite color(s) to wear?
Well, I'm a pretty much a fan of color, period. So I tend to incorporate a lot of it into my wardrobe. I rarely have a black and white outfit without a pop of color somewhere =) That being said, some of my favorite colors to bring into outfits to shnazz them up a bit are Yellow, Red, Purple, and of course, Pink.

Who do you closely relate to in style and taste?
Audrey Hepburn, easily. I love her simple but elegant style, and I've been known to wear a straight sheath dress with some oversize pearls from time to time!
What fictional character (book, movie, etc.) do you think strongly presents herself as truly feminine? (or your favorite feminine character(s) at the very least. ;))
Hm.... this is a hard one! I like that Lady Blakeney is willing to seek out the help of men to save her husband, and is perfectly happy to allow her husband to save her in the end. I guess any heroine who is content being rescued by her husband/intended. I think it's more romantic than all the current stories where the woman saves herself and then chases down her man. Where's the chivalry in that?

(Completely random, but it's been bugging me.) Generally, do you think eye shadow should match/compliment skin tones or simply match your current outfit?
Both =) If a color looks bad on you, then don't wear it, even if it complements your outfit perfectly. And neutral styles will go with any outfit no matter what. Furthermore, you don't want to be too "matchy-matchy" with your makeup, that's just a bit odd. However, you should try to make sure nothing you are wearing clashes. For example, stick with brown palate shades for a brown toned outfit. And never, ever wear purple eyeshadow if you have on a red top or dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment